Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP)
Featured and Upcoming Kansas Training Resources
FY23 Sub-Grantee 9/15/23 Q&A Call
KHP hosted a Teams meeting to help answer any initial questions that project managers may have. This training contained the same information as last year, but contained updated resources, which all project managers are encouraged to review.
Kansas Training Resources
Kansas Procurement, Reimbursement and EHP Technical Assistance:
Lt. Edna Cordner and KHP hosted webinars with a focus on existing awardee project management, targeting help with Procurement, Reimbursement and Environmental (EHP) technical assistance. Recordings below.
- Environmental Historic Preservation (EHP)
(3/10/23) Kansas Informational Webinar on FY23 NSGP Application (post-release)
The below KHP webinar recording provides an overview of the NSGP eligibility, Investment Justification (IJ), and IJ scoring.
(1/13/23) Project Management Tutorial Webinar
Funded Planning, Training, and Exercise activities need pre-approval and required documentation before they can be reimbursed. This KHP webinar recording is available for any project management leads, partners and even vendors currently working with you. For more information, see Lt. Edna Cordner's full email.
This tutorial takes a look at collecting and organizing documentation and proper management of your project through close-out activities, including planning, training, exercise, equipment & accountability, management & administration (M&A), contracted security personnel, and records retention. All involved in managing your project should watch the recording.
(1/9/23) Kansas Informational Webinar on Risk Assessment Tool and NSGP Application (pre-release)
The below KHP webinar recording provides an overview of the Risk Assessment Tool from special guest Chuck Clanahan (starting at 6:50 of the recording). While the webinar also provides an overview on the NSGP application process, refer to the (3/10/2023) Kansas Informational Webinar for the latest information.
Upcoming Federal FEMA Training
Active Shooter Preparedness Webinar (NEW)
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) invites you to join a two-hour security webinar, with the intent of preparing employees for a potential active shooter event.
- Provide information about best practices, communications protocols, and resources to assists non-profits in preparing for active shooter incidents
- Discuss the elements of active shooter incident response planning with guidance from expert instructors.
- Describe common behaviors, conditions, and situations associated with active shooter events.
- Discuss how to recognize potential workplace violence indicators.
- Registration Link
- Registration is limited to 400 participants and will close no later than 12 December 2023 at noon (11:00 a.m.) CST.
Non-Profit Security Grant Program (NSGP) Winter Webinar Series
FEMA invites all interested non-profits to attend upcoming webinars regarding the Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP). The NSGP is a competitive grant awarded to nonprofit organizations at high risk of a terrorist or other extremist attack for the purposes of facility hardening and other security enhancements. For more information, view the full invitation.
For all attendees, it is strongly recommended that you review the existing NSGP resources available below to maximize the benefit of attendance:
- NSGP Webpage - FEMA.gov
- Subapplicant Quick Start Guide
- NSGP Introductory Video
- Physical Security | Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
Fact Sheet and Other Resources for Places of Worship
- Security Self-Assessment
- Protecting Places of Worship: Six Steps to Enhance Security Against Targeted Violence Fact Sheet
- Other CISA and FBI Resources for Places of Worship:
- Protecting Houses of Worship Video
- Protecting Houses of Worship: Perimeter Security Considerations | CISA
- Protecting Houses of Worship | CISA
- Cyber Threats and Advisories | CISA
- First Responder's Toolbox: Tips to Engage Religious Communities to Protect Places of Worship
- Learn more about the Department of Justice Protecting Places of Worship Program
- Hate Crimes Prevention and Enforcement Resources
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) released a new resource titled Protecting Places of Worship: Six Steps to Enhance Security Against Targeted Violence Fact Sheet. This resource outlines actions that faith-based organizations and community leaders can take to increase security, focusing on six overarching steps. The product details how taking these six steps can help protect places of worship places of worship against potential threats of targeted violence in a cost-effective manner that maintains an open and welcoming environment. The product also provides training, exercise, and grant resources, and interagency contact points to assist places of worship with protecting their places of worship, obtaining funds for security improvements, and recognizing/reporting potential threats in their areas.
- FEMA 4 Steps to Apply for a Nonprofit Security Grant
- Full NSGP Webinar Schedule & Materials
- DHS FEMA Online Training Courses
- FEMA Procurement Training Website
Kansas Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) Application Information: Click on the below button for information related to grant application guidleines and submission.
If you have questions regarding any of the content on this page, feel free to contact
Lt. Edna Cordner, Melanie Lawrence, and the KHP Team on [email protected].
You may also reach out to contracted staff support Connie Satzler