FY21 Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP)
Complete application packets must be submitted to the Kansas Highway Patrol, Office of Homeland Security, no later than 5:00 PM on April 23rd, 2021. Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, carbon copy email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received after 5:00 p.m. on 4/23 will not be considered for FY21 funding.
The FY21 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) has been released by DHS!
- FY 2021 NSGP Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
- FY 2021 NSGP Investment Justification Form (Excel)
- FY 2021 NSGP Scoring Tool (for review only to provide example of scoring, SAA completes)
Complete information for Kansas NSGP State Grant Application:
- SAA Call for NSGP State Grant Applications
- SAA Presentation: NSGP Application Process
- **A maximum grant application cap of $100,000 has been set by the Kansas SAA.
It is necessary to complete a Vulnerability/Risk Assessment to apply for FY 2021 NSGP funds. Currently, DHS is unable to conduct on-site security assessments. However, there are other assessment options:
- Conduct a risk assessment through your local police or sheriff department
- If you cannot coordinate with trained Law Enforcement to complete an assessment, utilize the DHS Self-Assessment Tool and Supporting Resources for Houses of Worship
As you determine equipment needs for your FY21 submission, make sure equipment is allowable. Your verbiage describing any equipment should match that used in the AEL. See the below list of authorized equipment for this grant program:
Participating non-profit organization's board, trustees, and/or leadership are encouraged to review the Sample NSGP Agreement Letter. If funding is awarded, a completed agreement letter is necessary for acceptance of NSGP funds.
FY 2020 Sub-grantees: Click on the below button for resources and instructions related to grant and project management of your FY20 award.
Environmental Planning and Historic Preservation
NSGP funds can be used for security-related activities, including planning, exercises, training, equipment, and maintenance and sustainment. The table below shows example project types that can be funded using this grant.