Results from Stakeholder and Staff Meetings
Pregnant Women & Infants Priorities
Children & Adolescents Priorities
- All women receive early and comprehensive health care before, during and after pregnancy.
- Improve mental health and behavioral health of pregnant women and new mothers.
- Reduce preterm births (including low birth weight and infant mortality).
- Increase initiation, duration and exclusivity of breastfeeding.
Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Priorities
- All children and youth receive health care through medical homes.
- Reduce child and adolescent risk behaviors relating to alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- All children and youth achieve and maintain healthy weight.
MCH 2015 Needs Assessment Results
Previous MCH Needs Assessment Results
- All CYSHCN receive coordinated, comprehensive care within a medical home.
- Improve the capacity of YSHCN to achieve maximum potential in all aspects of adult life, including appropriate health care, meaningful work, and self-determined independence.
- Financing for CYSHCN services minimizes financial hardship for their families.